Une Anglo-Saxonne A Paris

Sunday 29 April 2007

What should you do if your friend votes Sarkozy?

This was the question posed to me on Saturday night: If a friend trusted you with his or her procuration to vote, but you disagreed with their choice, should you follow their instructions?
Pressed a little further, and it was revealed that the person in question had been asked to vote Sarkozy, which they felt was like unleashing a plague of locusts on France. A moral dilema. Respect the trust of a friend, or contribute to the downfall of your country.
For me there was no question. If your friend trusted you with a task which you agreed with, there is no other option but to carry it out. You can try to persuade them otherwise, but ultimately, the choice is not yours. Not everyone felt the same, however. And I realised that not being French means my passions don't run quite as high.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree We ARE a bit pasionate about this guy....I know what i'm talking about ;-) but passion is what makes us "alive"... and what makes french looking so sympatic (yeah maybe not...)