Une Anglo-Saxonne A Paris

Monday 16 April 2007

The Big, Wide Blogging World


Tomorrow I'm coming out of hiding. I'm going to go meet other bloggers and find out how this blogging thing works. How I can see if anyone is reading my drivel. How to make sure my drivel is read. See what inspires others to blog. A quick glance at the blogs of the bloggers inscribed to attend, and they all have something to sell. Saving the environment, justifying Segolene, promoting a film script, making folk back home jealous of the ex-pat lifetsyle. They all seem much more technologically savvy than me. But then that wouldn't be hard.

Still there is more to life than blogging. Like getting engaged. Yes really. I still can't believe it.

Sunday, driving to the airport, went something like this.

D (removing a ring he had given me from my middle finger): why don't you get the jeweller to make this smaller to fit here (placing on wedding finger)
E (joking) Are you asking me to marry you?
D Well I thought we had already agreed that
E (shocked) is this a proposal?
D Che?
E You are asking me to marry you?
D You don't want?
E Yes, but you have to ask me in a way that I have a story to tell my girlfriends.

Later, the sun set in an obligingly romantic-ish fashion as we stood outside the airport munching sandwiches and watching D's car, parked in the quick drop space, to make sure he doesn't get a ticket.
D Emma, will you be my fiance?
E Yes

1 comment:

Polly said...

Emma

Sorry I didn't meet you tonight -- I was at l'Entrepot for a while with les fellow Blogueurs.

I started getting teary just readin g about your proposal, but I'm an old sap from way back.