Une Anglo-Saxonne A Paris

Friday 20 April 2007

Random Fan Mail and French Charm

It seems every time I go into a bookshop, it doesn't stock my book.
Am I doing something wrong? I have tons of messages from friends who've picked up a copy in out of the way places, and importantly at the airport (where normally only big-selling books are stocked, according to my publisher), but I have stopped going in bookshops now to avoid disappoinment.
'They must be all sold out,' said a friend kindly.

Whilst I await the sales numbers from my publisher, I am boosting my confidence with some of lovely moments that come from having written a book. Like the mail I got from a student today, enquiring whether I'd answer some questions for her dissertation. She found my book at the airport and now thinks I am an expert worthy of academic research!
My favourite random fan-mail came after an interview I did with RTL.
Laurent told me he likes my vision of French politics, but told me I was wrong on one thing.
'Non l'Ecosse n'est pas un coin perdu d'une Ile pour les francais, mais une tres jolie region a visiter.'
He signed off with this classic comment. 'Je comprends le politicien qui vous a fait des avances car vous etes
resplendissante de joie et de bonne humeur.' Merci Laurent!

No comments: