Une Anglo-Saxonne A Paris

Saturday 17 March 2007

The Princess Diana look



I have spent the last three hours trying to download the software I need to re-size pictures for this blog. It's probably just me, but the whole process seemed to be super complicated with a Mac. Computers and me have always had an uneasy relationship. So I gave up and found an easy peasy way to do what I wanted and it seems I didn't need the techy gizmo after all.

This picture was taken by my friend Jill who gave up most of her Saturday to try and make me look beautiful. My publisher had asked for some publicity pics, so we de-camped to the Champs de Mars on a sunny winter's morning. I proved to be a very shy model, unconfident in my smile and uncomfortable with my body. After an hour or so, Jill shot a series of three photos were my diffidence seemed to fade, replaced by a confident diva. For a minute, I was hot stuff. Only problem was that a green rubbish bin in the background detracted from my sultry look. We examined the photos to see the reason for my transformation.
'It seems to work when you tilt your head down and raise your eyes,' Jill instructed.
'Like Princess Diana,' friends said.
There followed a series of hilarious photos where I totally overdid the Diana look. This picture was snapped after Jill showed me the results of my attempted coquetishness. A model I am not. But we sure had a lot of fun.

No comments: